- To undertake, sponsor and promote research in the pure and applied
- To promote and develop the introduction and demonstration of
innovative or alternative technologies, processes or products
that are deemed to have potential for providing increased employment
and increased foreign exchange earnings or savings within the
private sector of Jamaica and the Caribbean. Priority will be
placed on those technologies that will maximise utilisation of
local human and physical resources.
- To assist clients in identifying sources of finance to commercialise
those technologies processes or products that have been deemed
- To undertake and promote research in the pure and applied sciences
especially in areas deemed to have industrial applications with
a view to increasing the availability of such knowledge and to
benefit of the public generally.
- To promote the education of persons in all activities of learning,
particularly in the pure and applied sciences.
- To ensure that the intellectual property rights of the Institute
and its associates are protected.