CS44Q - Internet Computing
Operating Systems & Networks
Principles and practices used in creating interactive internet sites, using
Effective use of search tools.
Java Database Connectivity, swing, applets, and servlets.
Principles and practices used in connecting web sites to back-end databases
Servlets, and Java Server Pages.
Internet programming with Python or Perl
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of internet computing
- Work effectively with modern internet applications
- Design and implement web based applications.
- Write programs for internet applications.
- Internetworking: network protocols and services
- Internet based applications: architectures, writing applications,
- Web applications: web browser, web server, web server extension,
web site architecture, handling persistence
- Connection top database backends.
- Security concepts: firewalls, protocols
Students are required to pass both components.
- Coursework - 40%
- Test - 10%
- Assignments - 30%
- Final exam - 60%
- Harvey Deitel, Paul Deitel, Andrew Goldberg, Internet & World Wide
Web How to Program